In the framework of our International Mobility program our global partner in Kerry, whose primary business is Business Applications, Managed IT Services and Consulting Services, is looking for a
Unix System Administrator
who will be responsible for the installation, maintenance, configuration and support of Linux/Unix hardware and software systems. They provide system and application support on the Linux and Unix systems and perform troubleshooting and systems-debugging tasks following documented procedures. They work individually and as part of a team on various system projects and provide technical guidance to the Operations team.
- Install, configure and deploy UNIX and Linux operating software, application and associated components.
- Thoroughly test hardware and software upgrades working off shift hours if necessary to accomplish the testing.
- Follow documented procedures to debug and correct installed UNIX operating system software as required.
- Work with Hardware and Software vendors for troubleshooting and assisting in problem management.
- Follow documented procedures to plan, prepare and apply maintenance fixes to system software as required.
- Follow documented procedure to tune system software for peak performance and availability.
- Assist Application support team and Developers with high level problem support for program debugging and correction.
- Provides end user and UNIX support for applications via Customer Support.
- Provides off shift on call support for systems support.
- Actively participate in Technology and Business Recovery activities.
- Stays abreast with technical and operational tools and knowledge required to perform assigned duties.
- Follow documented procedure to implement system maintenance or change requests.
- Follow documented procedure to respond to Tivoli Storage Manager alerts and take necessary corrective actions.
- Follow documented procedure to upgrade Tivoli Storage Manager clients and servers.
- Very strong communication skills in English.
- Proactive and capable of owning an issue to completion.
- 5 or more years system admin experience.
- 3+ years of Linux system admin experience (RedHat).
- 3+ years of AIX system administration experience.
- Experience of HP-UX, Solaris or Tru64 an advantage.
- Experience of BMC BladeLogic and RedHat Satellite Server an advantage.
- Experience if Tivoli Workload Scheduler, Hitachi JP1 scheduler, Tilovi Storage Manager an advantage.
- IT Operations
- Network and system engineer
- Kerry, Ireland
How to apply:
- If you are interested in the position, please send your CV to László Spiller, executive consultant: firstname.lastname@example.org
- or call +36 30 981 0403.