Our global partner, one of the largest companies, providing full life-cycle services for the financial sector, is looking for a
Senior Network Management Engineer
who will be part of the the Health of the Plant Team, which is a global group that provides a number of different services to maintain stability of the environment and report on the overall health of the Voice and Data infrastructure. The team is responsible for ensuring all services, configurations, capacity and routine functions are either monitored or documented across all platforms, services and geographic locations.
Heath of the Plant Senior Engineers will be dedicated to supporting but not limited to change management, proactive network management, acceptance testing, and incident management activities. Candidate will be responsible for all hygiene related changes to the network, as well as miscellaneous requests involving configurations changes on large quantity scale. Implement and document any recommendations for change management, lifecycle management, and problem management issues as required.
- Global maintenance of device configuration as per certified standards and engineering recommendations.
- Create, administer, and execute changes in mass-scale device quantity.
- Act as team representative for weekly change management review meetings.
- Provide coordination and act as a team interface between Network Operations and the Engineering, Deployment, and Security teams.
- Conduct network audits and risk assessment as required and remediate if necessary.
- Review posted documentation to ensure network is in adherence to and compliant of any mandates.
- Create, debug, and maintain scripts to optimize work flow.
- Facilitate and coordinate work with external vendors for areas that are not under current management.
- Participate in design and peer reviews.
- Adapt and transform operational and/or functional needs into solutions.
- Support the project team and provide escalation support.
- Perform mentoring and training tasks for peers as required.
- At least BSc degree in IT.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- 3 years of experience configuring and troubleshooting routers and switches in a production WAN/LAN/MAN environment.
- Deep understanding of the OSI model, including TCP/IP, client/server designs, routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP), LAN technologies (FDDI, Ethernet), WAN technologies (Internet, POS, ATM, ISDN, private lines), VLANs, DNS, VPNs, IP telephony, IP multicast, NAT, and firewalls.
- Network management through scripting (PERL preferred) and implementation of SNMP is a necessity.
- Experience with Unix/Linux command line.
- Familiarity with packet analysis and Enterprise Network Management Systems.
- Understanding of routing protocols OSPF, RIP, BGP, multicast, MPLS (L3 VPN, L2 VPN, VPLS, preferably from a provider point of view).
- Understanding of layer 2 protocols Frame Relay, HDLC, PPP, spanning-tree protocols.
- Understanding of Wireless technologies and devices (CAPWAP, WLC, AP).
- Device platforms including Avaya, Juniper, Cisco, Arista, Cylades, F5, HP/BNT/IBM/Nortel Blade Switches.
- Project management/coordination skills.
- IT / Telecom
- Network and system engineer
- Budapest, Hungary
How to apply:
- If you are interested in the position, please send your CV to our IT expert, László Spiller, executive consultant: firstname.lastname@example.org
- or call +36 30 981 0403.