Our global partner, one of the largest companies, providing full life-cycle services for the financial sector, is looking for a
Windows Server Engineer
who will be part of the Windows Operations group, which provides a stable, yet agile and dynamic infrastructure platform to support the business functional requirements whilst managing associated risks. A Windows analyst is required to work in the L3 Windows Operations Server team, providing the highest level of support of core Windows and AD infrastructure components, as well as virtualisation technologies. The role is based around operational stability and production engineering of a large global environment of 12000+ Microsoft Windows servers. An additional key component of this role is project based, with numerous activities to expand and enhance the services provided within the environment.
- Maintain technology infrastructure, providing operational stability by following and using the tools, policies, processes and procedures available.
- Provide a secure environment, managing and mitigating risks.
- Responding to L1 and L2 escalations.
- Resolve incidents impacting hosts or environment.
- Create, review, maintain and update documentation.
- Work with global colleagues to provide globally consistent processes and procedures.
- Investigate and troubleshoot root causes via problem management.
- Escalate and liaise with additional internal/external groups when required, resulting in satisfactory resolution.
- Document and publish fixes in central knowledge base, regularly re-evaluating processes and procedures.
- Dissemination of knowledge amongst colleagues.
- Integrate and interact with regional and global colleagues, providing innovative ideas.
- Active participation within and amongst teams and colleagues, providing constructive feedback when necessary.
- Identify areas for automation and scripting wherever possible.
- Help to identify opportunities for process improvement or synergies across the business.
- Evaluate, discuss, listen to and re-think ideas to move forwards in a productive manner.
- Responsibility for the planning and controlled execution of releases into the managed environment.
- Work with Engineering groups to deliver value to customers.
- Input into Business Continuity Planning and Practices.
- At least BSc degree in IT.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Strong konowledge of Windows Operating System – 2003 and 2008R2.
- Understanding of virtualisation technologies (XenDesktop, XenApp, vCenter, ESX, HyperV, AppV).
- Scripting skills (Powershell).
- Experience in Clustering and Storage Management technologies (Microsoft, Veritas HA, SFW).
- Knowledge of Data Warehouse.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Databases/Reporting.
- Understanding of Network layers.
- Experience in Microsoft core services (DFS, DFS-R, DNS, WINS, FTP, Printing).
- IT / Telecom
- System administrator
- Budapest, Hungary
How to apply:
- If you are interested in the position, please send your CV to our IT expert, László Spiller, executive consultant: firstname.lastname@example.org
- or call +36 30 981 0403.