Our global partner, a leading financial services company, is looking for a
Windows Desktop Support Analyst
who will be responsible for supporting and ensuring the stability of over 180,000 desktops including laptops and virtual PCs.
- Work in a global technology group that delivers the software and hardware technology solutions that make the businesses run. The team manages the production, operations, and engineering of the data centers, voice and data networking solutions, wireless technologies, server and database operations, desktops, servers and mainframes.
- Provide service and support to internal teams and senior VIP clients on Windows Platform and desktop application-related issues. The role involves close cooperation with the Service Desk, desk side support teams, IT Security, Engineering, application programmers and third party vendors by handling escalations, providing documentation, and implementing new products.
- Monitor trouble ticket queues for issues and respond promptly to them.
- Perform troubleshooting and investigation of complex technical issues as escalated to us by the Service Desk and desk side support teams. The primary areas are Windows Operating System, Microsoft Office and web browsers.
- Identify trends or issues within the production computing environment and work with product engineers, Microsoft, and other vendors to resolve them.
- Perform change management duties, including creation, execution and validation of production changes.
- Provide VIP support for senior executives.
- Deployment and management of security patches.
- Maintain and distribute the core Windows build.
- Maintain and monitor overall PC health.
- Support the software distribution and management processes, including packaging of applications and troubleshooting of software installation issues.
- Maintain the software distribution infrastructure.
- Test new and changed components being introduced into the Windows environment.
- Participate in the engineering and deployment of global products.
- Develop scripts and other forms of automation as necessary to efficiently solve problems within the enterprise desktop computing space.
- BSc degree in IT or equivalent experience.
- Strong communication skills in English.
- Virtualization technologies: VMware, XenServer, Citrix XenDesktop, Citrix Presentation Server / XenApp Technology.
- Experience operating BigFix and creating fixlets, AppSense Environment Manager.
- Background in Enterprise management and experience working with System Center Control Manager (SCCM and/or SMS), Windows enterprise technologies , DFS, Active Directory.
- Application Packaging using Windows Installer (.MSI) and SMS Installer.
- Proficiency in T-SQL and SQL Server administration skills.
- Programming experience with ASP.NET, C#.NET.
- Kernel debugging skills.
- Self-starter with experience working in a project team environment.
- Able to work and communicate effectively with senior VIP clients for troubleshooting and explaining technical issues.
- IT / Telecom
- System administrator
- IT developer
- Budapest, Hungary.
How to apply:
- If you are interested in the position, please send your CV to our IT expert, László Spiller, executive consultant: firstname.lastname@example.org
- or call +36 30 981 0403.