A global leader in the new economy and internet technology based in Zurich City and has been identified multiple times as Fortune Magazine’s #1 Best Place to Work is currently looking for a project employee (duration up to two years) as
Linux Support Engineer
- System Administration within the projects concerning MAPS and «in-vehicle software».
- Ownership of the support, maintenance, testing, troubleshooting and upgrades.
- Diagnose and resolve computer problems in the vehicles (remoteley).
- Analyse daily failures and proactively partake in corrective action and engineering change strategies.
- Ensure software compatibility to newer/upgraded hardware devices.
- Test and deploy new software releases in remote vehicles,
- Support the iterative improvement of software reliability and uptime.
- Review and upgrade engineering documents to reflect actual implementation.
- Extremely strong in writing documents, manuals, reports and summaries in English.
- Extended knowledge of GNU Linux or Unix OS (one of: Linux derivates, Solaris, AIX, HP-UX).
- Minimum 2 years of experience in System Administration and/or troubleshooting.
- Knowledge in shell scripting (C, Perl, Bash, Python).
- Experiences in Python and C++ programming skills required.
- Fluent in written and spoken English required.
- Highly energetic and self-driven.
- Ability to successfully work independently as well as in teams.
- Depending on the projects, some travelling required and also willingness to travel on short notice if necessary.
- It’s your chance to work and actively improve the services and quality of the leading Internet company in the world! After a probation period your contract will be prepared for 24 months. On top of the base salary you will gain from high fringe benefits.
- If you are interested in the position, please send your CV to our IT expert, László Spiller, executive consultant: firstname.lastname@example.org
- or call +36 30 981 0403.