Our global partner, a leading financial services company, is looking for a
Network Performance and Capacity Engineer
who will be responsible for a complex multi-platform global voice and data network that supports a world-leading financial services company.
Provides performance and capacity analysis/forecasting of the network devices and carrier circuits across all business divisions.
Utilizes network monitoring tools and resources to ensure global capacity constraints are identified, properly tracked and mitigated before they affect operational stability.
Engages with voice engineering to define IP Telephony requirements based on codec, failover scenarios, CAC and EF queue allocations in order to calculate estimated call paths to determine the bandwidth required.
Act as team representative for weekly capacity management review meetings.
Creates and presents detailed weekly capacity exception reports to brief management on potential issues and tracks them until mitigation.
Manipulates large volumes of data into understandable metrics for other teams.
Proactively monitor ticket queues, distribute and manage workflows.
- BSc degree in IT or equivalent experience.
- Strong communication skills in English.
- 3 years of experience configuring and troubleshooting routers and switches in a production WAN/LAN/MAN environment.
- Knowledge of core networking concepts including TCP/IP, routing protocols and switching protocols.
- Knowledge of network management protocols such as SNMP, NTP, TACACS, etc.
- Knowledge of network technologies such as LAN, WAN, IPSLA, QoS, VoIP.
- Strong project management/coordination skills.
- Ability to prioritize along with good time management skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft applications, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- IT / Telecom
- Budapest, Hungary.
How to apply:
- If you are interested in the position, please send your CV to our IT expert, László Spiller, executive consultant: email@example.com
- or call +36 30 981 0403.