The Adecco Group, the world’s leading provider of HR solutions, is looking for a
Desktop Support Engineer
professional for its partner operating in the finance sector.
- Day to day support and undertaking strategic projects to improve the effectiveness of IT within the company.
- Be responsible for the architecture, design and implementation of desktop solutions and client technologies working with the global Desktop Support and Infrastructure teams.
- The Desktop Engineer will implement, maintain and improve technology related to desktop and end user system management.
- Staying current with IT trends and providing solutions.
- Training and mentoring the Desktop Support Analysts is another responsibility of this role.
- Work with the Head of Desktop Support to review the current desktop infrastructure and make suggestions for improvements and work on continual improvements as technology changes.
- Provide 4th line desktop support to global desktop team to solve complex desktop issues.
- Manage the Office 365 desktop environment; evaluate and prioritize features and functionality to be utilized; implement new O365 applications. Script the O365 licensing process.
- Provide systems administration and management of mobile device management platform – architect and design new MDM solution using MSFT Intune.
- Evaluate existing Group Policies, products and services making recommendations to HDS for improvement and implementation of new policies.
- Work on projects for desktop security hardening and end point protection.
- Work with UK Desktop Engineer to learn the SCCM workstation update process, operating system deployment process and application deployment process and be able provide back up support.
- Gather requirements by liaising with Desktop and Infrastructure teams to implement technology solutions.
- Implement new technologies in test environments and then into live production once approved by HDS.
- Document the new technology implementation and support processes.
- Fast learner but also with a solid base of core IT Desktop and Infrastructure skills.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to think strategically and deal effectively with competing priorities and demands using good time management and communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to work under pressure.
- Proven experience in desktop support.
- Extensive knowledge of troubleshooting of PC hardware, software and peripherals.
- Excellent knowledge of Windows operating systems including Windows 7/8/10.
- Proven skills with Microsoft applications.
- Active Directory administration experience.
- Microsoft SCCM experience.
- Microsoft Office 365 experience.
- Scripting experience.
- Group policy experience.
- Understanding of basic networking.
If you are interested in the position, please send your CV to our IT expert, László Spiller, executive consultant email@example.com or call +36 30 291 3089.