The Adecco Group, the world’s leading provider of HR solutions, is looking for
Senior Linux and Storage Engineer
professionals for its partner operating in the energy sector.
- Provide numerous in-house and external training opportunities and support getting a number of industry certificates, continuing your higher education for an additional degree, or learning a new language.
- Provide professional development in Network Security area.
- Provide flexible working conditions, have Working From Home opportunities and support a healthy work-life balance.
- Provide professional development in Infrastructure areas (Network, Storage, NetSec).
- Competitive compensation and benefit packages.
- Provide floating holidays, life and private health insurance and many more.
- Implement and operate Linux servers, Linux based open source applications, virtualisation solutions, storage arrays, and backup systems for internal services and external customers.
- Design assurance – working with external and internal teams to support and maintain effective design and development standards.
- Technical support (2nd and 3rd level) and problem diagnosis and resolution on customers managed infrastructure, on-call might be required.
- Continuous service improvements including automation, patch management and server optimisation including relevant documentation and design changes.
- Direct customer contact for technological questions during the implementation and project phase.
- Definition of guidelines, standards and working procedures for the technologies in scope.
- Active participation in international projects and with global support teams; responsibility for systems administration across country borders.
- In-depth knowledge of Linux operating system administration and experience with backup and restore solutions.
- Knowledge of standards and technology trends in the storage environment, in particular NetApp/EMC storage.
- Experience in the area of server virtualization based on VMware and ideally Red Hat kvm.
- Experience with storage area networks and protocols is a must (CISCO MDS, FC, FCoE).
- Knowledge of high availability systems, in particular Red Hat cluster and VMware based concepts is an advantage.
- Experience in Network and Security (DNS, DHCP, proxy, firewalls, etc) is an advantage.
- Ability to meet the customer needs in line with the business requirements.
- Working with a cooperative and positive attitude in a group settings to achieve common goals.
- The ability to convey information to someone effectively and efficiently while creating a good first impression and engaging the audience.
- Ability to comprehend and to systematically organize the various aspects of a problem or situation.
- Taking the responsibility and takes care of the consequences of making a decision.
- Acting in advance of a future situation, e.g. making things happen, putting energy to solve the situation.
If you are interested in the position, please send your CV to our IT expert, László Spiller, executive consultant: email@example.com or call +36 30 291 3089.