It’s time for banking to change.
IOS Software Engineer
Join us as we build the bank of the future. Three Hungarian banks join forces today to build one of the first all-digital consumer banks in Hungary and in the region and it is no small task. We are building a bank where people love to work, is built on relationships, growth, and impact.
In MBH (Magyar Bankholding) we combine the best of the banking world with the best of the tech world to build an all-digital bank. We cultivate a culture of low ego and set a high bar for excellence. We believe in a flat organization,– by communicating in ways that build trust, operating with transparency, and having one another’s back.
We recognize the contributions of individuals and celebrate wins as a team. What we all have in common is a mission that starts with heart, and a desire to work together to create something of lasting value and personal impact for Hungary and for our region.
If you’re looking to make a lasting impact and help us build a revolutionary product – we want to hear from you.
The Mobile software engineer is a Ninja who will join our daily banking squad. The engineer directly influences how users interact with the Product. They work closely with all squad members to create and operationalize end-to-end user journey throughout the Product features. Our engineers work hard to stay on top of fast-changing technology and invests a lot of energy in learning new tricks that bring ultimate user experience. A love for clean interfaces and a passion for great user experiences goes without saying.
WHAT YOU WANT TO DO
- Builds applications according to the design and provide designers with feedback and suggests tradeoffs when required
- Ensures the code follows best coding practices and industry standards
- Works closely with backend engineers to understand and properly use the systems APIs
- Writes both unit and integration tests, and develops automation tools for daily tasks
- Challenges ideas and opinions to avoid pitfalls and inefficient solutions
- Cooperates closely with Product Owner to understand Product vision and value drivers
- Cooperates within Chapter and Digital Tribe to follow best practice frameworks and standards while developing web applications
WHO YOU ARE
You have in-depth Domain Expertise
- Significant iOS engineering experience (3+ years), with experience working on at least two native iOS applications.
- Experience programming in the latest version of Swift
- Deep understanding of software design patterns, MVVM architecture, mobile threading, memory management; and how they apply to mobile applications
- Experience with Swinject
- Experience with Reactive programming (RxSwift)
- Experience with frameworks and libraries, such as ReactJS, and corresponding state management techniques.
- Understanding of RESTful APIs, GraphQL and how to use them in practice
- Ability to write automated unit, integration, and end to end tests and take code reviews
You have significant Agile/Digital Experience
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies – Scrum, Kanban, XP
- Experience as a Software Engineer on a cross-functional agile environment
You are strong in some key Individual Skills
- Strong communication skills with ability to communicate complex technical concepts and align organization on decisions
- Sound problem-solving skills with the ability to quickly process complex information and present it clearly and simply
- Utilizes collaboration to create innovative solutions efficiently
You have the right Mindset to learn and develop
- Passionate about technology and excited about the impact of emerging / disruptive technologies
- Wants to unleash inner self-starter and work in an environment that fosters
- entrepreneurial minds
- Believes in culture of brutal transparency and trust
- Open to learning new ideas outside scope or knowledge skillset
- Aspirational to become full stack or deep expert
We have worked extremely hard to build a talented, diverse, and inclusive team. As an organization, we perform within a set of core values that inform both our priorities and the way we work together
- Embrace the difficult path – We think beyond shortcuts and invest in solving the right problems.
- Chose decisions over outcomes – We focus on improving our decision-making quality instead of fixating on immediate outcomes.
- We work smart and hard – We view working “smart” as just the start. Working smart and hard drives improvements and accelerates career growth.
- Empowerment over control – We hire world-class talent and trust each individual to make decisions in their area of responsibility.
HOW WE MAKE IT WORTH IT
We are proud of what we have started and are full of excitement about welcoming new members to our team. We also understand the importance of creating value to each individual within our team and believe that this opportunity can provide that in multiple ways
- We are building a new organization with solutions and technologies that are at the forefront of Global Banking practices
- We are using the most modern, cloud-native technologies available in the market worldwide
- We have already set-up the base for this new organization and have 30+ people working on building it, backed by strong investments
- This is a rare opportunity to partake in building a bank with state-of-the art technology from scratch
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume to: email@example.com or call +36301162335 for more information.