Our global partner, a leading banking services company, is looking for an
Infrastructure Support Manager (Unix)
who will be responsible for the planning, maintenance and day to day efficient operation of the UNIX servers and Data Servers used to host the departments servers and databases.
- Work with LINUX System Admin and DBA teams to perform such tasks as deploying packages and DDL changes, scheduling maintenance, performing post maintenance checkouts and producing/maintaining processes to monitor performance and data usage.
- Provide support for a number of the department’s application services such as Rendezvous, Apache and Samba.
- Daily contact with the application project teams in London and/or New York to advise them on the optimum way to use the platform, and offers an excellent opportunity to work alongside top professionals across these disciplines to get a broad understanding of the Financial markets.
- Extensive training will be given and it is expected that some of this will require some travel to London for a few weeks in the first year as a minimum.
- Although the successful candidate is likely to have good System Administration and Database Administration skills, this is not a System / Database Administration role.
- BSc degree in IT or equivalent experience.
- Very strong communication skills in English.
- Experience of LINUX server administration.
- Experience of scripting languages such as Perl or Python.
- Knowledge of shell scripting, preferably bash.
- Experience of Sybase or Oracle databases.
- IT / Telecom
- System engineering
- Budapest, Hungary.
How to apply:
- If you are interested in the position, please send your CV to our IT expert, László Spiller, executive consultant: firstname.lastname@example.org
- or call +36 30 981 0403.