It’s time for banking to change.
We have a solid vision to build a positive relationship between people and money while moving them upwards in their finances. Our mission is to create the first all-digital bank in Hungary and scale to the whole region. We aim to create an outstanding customer experience, a bank that people deserve in the neobank era and one they have been waiting for for a long time.
We bring together the best from banking and technology. Join us, unleash your talent and make a real impact through building the future of banking together.
TRIBE TECH LEAD
Budapest / Full-time
In MBH (Magyar Bankholding), three Hungarian banks join forces to build one of the first all-digital consumer banks in Hungary and the region.
We are building a bank where people love to work, built on relationships, growth, and impact. We combine the best of the banking world with the best of the tech world to create an all-digital bank. We cultivate a low ego culture and set a high bar for excellence. We believe in a flat organization by communicating in ways that build trust, operating with transparency, and having one another’s back.
We recognize the contributions of individuals and celebrate wins as a team. We all have a mission that starts with the heart and a desire to work together to create something of lasting value and a personal impact for Hungary and our region.
If you’re looking to make a lasting impact and help us build a revolutionary product – we want to hear from you.
At Foundation, the most crucial aspect of our work is continuously delivering value to our customers.
As the Tribe Tech Lead, your focus is to build a world-class organization focusing on successful delivery, great teams, and technical excellence. You will partner with the Tribe Lead and the Tribe Design Lead and will together be responsible for the success of the product area. You will shape the vision and the strategy of the Tribe.
AS A TRIBE TECH LEAD AT FOUNDATION, YOU WILL
- Hire and manage Chapter Leads and senior tech people.
- Grow people and teams through coaching, mentoring, and management.
- Lead the technical strategy work for the product area, and drive the necessary transformation when deploying the strategy
- Advocate and advance modern software development and engineering practices.
- Identify and introduce changes in how your teams operate to achieve a high-performing state with them.
- Ensure the teams are consistently delivering impactful solutions in a timely manner.
- Work tightly with your peer Tribe Lead, Tribe Design Lead, and extended leadership team to set the vision for the product area, build and communicate strategy, and improve ways of working as a team.
- Drive the technical leadership of your tribe – shaping its strategies and helping grow an outstanding organization.
- Continuously collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Participate in the Foundation technical leadership, and shape the culture and the technical strategy of the whole organization
WHO YOU ARE
Even if you don’t meet all requirements, please consider applying: many of our most successful candidates don’t meet 100% of the requirements when joining but bring in an amazing drive, ambition, and willingness to learn.
Key skills and characteristics
- You know how to lead by fostering an inclusive and agile engineering culture, and you can support and grow this culture in existing teams.
- You know how to set a technical strategy for an organization and drive the technical transformation needed across several teams.
- You are experienced with developing leadership, supporting managers, and growing the whole team across multiple levels.
- You have a background in building and scaling web/mobile applications, have remained fairly hands-on, and take great interest in the domain.
- You have a solid understanding of the DevOps principled and hands-on experience applying them in a given use case.
- You care about creating a great engineering workforce with a growth mindset and servant leadership focus.
Preferred expertise, individual skills, and mindset
- You have a proven track record of leadership experience.
- You were involved in engineering in a technical capacity (development, operations, building, and scaling complex software and infrastructure).
- Growth mindset and can-do attitude, continuously pushing themselves and others to improve.
- Passion for mentoring engineering talents.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-changing environment.
- You have an agile mindset and a strong focus on iterative problem-solving.
- You have a customer-first mindset and are happy to solve our customers’ challenges.
- A genuine passion for development and a demonstrated appetite for continuous learning and sharing.
- Ability to quickly process complex information and present it clearly.
- Unleash your inner self-starter and work in an environment that fosters entrepreneurial minds.
- You believe in a culture of transparency, trust, providing and receiving feedback.
- You are okay with taking smart risks and failing to accelerate learning and delivering customer value.
- Solid understanding of DevOps, k8s/Docker, infrastructure as code, cloud providers, web technologies, microservice-based architecture.
We have worked extremely hard to build a talented, diverse, and inclusive team. As an organization, we perform within core values that inform our priorities and how we work together.
- We embrace transparency – We are deliberate about our internal communications and knowledge-sharing through Slack, Confluence, or our monthly all-hands. We make sure everyone knows how their daily work ties into the big picture of our vision. We know that teams who nail communicating the most efficiently will create the best organization.
- We believe in professional excellence – We provide solutions in an industry where quality truly matters; our customers’ financial lives depend on us. We want to excel in the challenge of serving them.
- We are here to learn and persistently curious – We have decided to solve a challenge we don’t know the answer to. Technology disrupts the financial world, and we are here to crack the code. We are the first Hungarian bank to do some of our industry has thought is only possible by smaller startups. You need to be ready to challenge the status quo every day by joining us.
- We thrive on collaboration – Innovation at scale is a team sport. We build an effective organization by bringing together disciplines and backgrounds in a creative environment. Still, we are also actively searching for how we can involve other players in the innovation ecosystem in our journey. Collaboration inside and outside the organization is a must for future success.
WHAT WE OFFER
We are proud of what we have started and are excited about welcoming new members to our team. We also understand the importance of creating value for each individual within our team and believe that this opportunity can provide that in multiple ways.
- We are building a new organization with solutions and technologies at the forefront of Global Banking practices.
- We are using the most modern, cloud-native technologies available in the market worldwide.
- We have already set up the base for this new organization and have 50+ people working on building it, backed by solid investments.
- This is a rare opportunity to partake in building a bank with state-of-the-art technology from scratch.
- We provide you a massive amount of freedom and trust while your contributions help shape and grow the future bank.
- A commitment to invest in your personal growth and development in the form of courses, conferences, book allowance, and more
- The ability to work a start-up like an environment with the security of a financially stable, growing company
- A fun work environment with social activities and events
- In terms of the workplace, we provide flexibility and autonomy to the teams to decide what is the best for them from a team effectiveness perspective (the teams are usually in a hybrid setup)
- We have non-Hungarian colleagues as well, so the written communication and part of the verbal ones are in English.
- A competitive package
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume to email@example.com or call +36301162335 for more information.